Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 40 | Wednesday: Falling in love

The first night with our new baby boy was easier than expected. Cooper slept very well, only getting up for our vital check every couple of hours. At about 2am Shelly, my night nurse came in to help me walk for the first time since the surgery as well as take out my catheter and get cleaned up. She was fantastic.  

I stayed up half of the rest of the night staring at Cooper - some of which was just being scared that he'd stop breathing or something and some of which was me just being in total awe of his beauty.

The day passed pretty quickly with cat naps off and on, feedings and diaper changes, various tests and vital checks for mommy and Cooper. 

This is the day that we fell completely in love.

A few Day 2 photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment