Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

2 Weeks of Life: update

We had a wonderful second week with Cooper just spending time bonding and loving on him at home.

Owen went back to work on Monday 3/7 so this was my first day by myself... and I won't lie - it was super hard! Cooper is normally really happy and calm but he had a tough Monday and I had a mini breakdown when Owen finally came home. The rest of the week was much better although it's interesting how one appointment takes up an entire day with an infant.

MONDAY
On Monday afternoon Owen and I visited a potential daycare and picked up a prescription for Cooper.

TUESDAY
On Tuesday Cooper had his second doctor's appointment and was pronounced perfect! He's also really health as he almost gained a pound in one week going from 8 pds even to 8 pds 10 oz!

WEDNESDAY
On Wednesday we were visited by our friend Jamie and her 1-year-old daughter, Emily. We had a great time visiting and it was nice to have company. 

THURSDAY
On Thursday I had a follow-up OB/GYN doctor's appointment. I knew I would be driving for 30 minutes each way to the appointment so I carefully planned his feeding and sleeping schedule to try to get him to sleep while we were driving and at the appointment. And it worked! I'm getting the hang of this mommy thing! 

FRIDAY
Friday was me and Cooper's day off as we didn't have any appointments set but it still was eventful with wildfires ripping through our town. Owen had to come home early and we actually packed up our important documents and other necessary items just in case we were evacuated. The evacuations actually got as close as a mile away but once the sun went down and the 40mph wind died down so did the danger. Phew!  

SATURDAY
On Saturday we had an appointment to pick out our photos from Uniquely You - we are so excited to get the CD so we can get prints printed! We also took Cooper for his first stroller ride at the park which was really nice - even though little Cooper slept through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment