Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 22: a pound of pain

Baby's Development This Week:

Sweet baby boy now weighs almost a pound and measures almost 11 inches from head to heel. And he's about as long as a package of Oreos...


...and as heavy as a large bag of tortilla chips. 

Baby's hands have grown bigger and stronger and the nerve endings in his fingers have developed his sense of touch. 


Baby's brain is developing rapidly this week (note to self on loading up on Omega 3).



Baby has started growing taste buds and should be able to detect strong flavors in the amniotic fluid. 
Mom's Development:

This week I had the start of the first notable pregnancy symptom that was quite unpleasant! It started with a tour of a new hospital client's campus on Monday and after the two hour drive back to the city I was almost unable to walk without a lot of pain. This pain continued throughout the week and even after a visit to my magician of a massage therapist it persisted. Then on Saturday I spent most of the afternoon and evening managing a portion of a parade for work. After that 30 minute drive home I really couldn't walk. Owen pretty much had to carry me in and get me ready for bed - Sunday was sorta' miserable and involved lots of rest and a heating pad. Thank goodness for my chiropractor and baby doctor's appointment on Monday. 


And Dad? What else?

Owen's doing great. His favorite thing is my growing belly and he can't wait to feel little baby kicks on the outside. He's also very anxious to get started on getting the nursery ready. We are starting with replacing the carpet with Brazilian Cherry hardwood floors and we're also adding chair railing and crown molding - all to match the rest of the house.



We're also still trying to nail down the baby's name. Cooper is still on the short list but I also love my Papa Huck's middle name - Miles. 



I've also still been scouring the Internet for nursery ideas. My only decision at this point is that I don't want the room to be super theme-y. I've seen so many nursery rooms that the list few that my friends/family have shared with me as ideas - I've already seen.

Week 23 - you are sounding closer and closer to 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment